Thursday, April 11, 2013

Siblings!

Yesterday was siblings day?! I wish I had known this, so I could have celebrated properly!
If I lived in the same town as my brother, I definitely would have taken him out for coffee...and perhaps cake:).

My brother is one of my favorite people on the planet. All of my favorite childhood memories include him. He's three years younger than me, and although we're pretty close in age, I don't remember much in the way of 'sibling rivalry'. For the most part, we got along really well. We still do!

 A favorite pasttime for us on long-ago summer nights was running on the "trails" that dad would make with the lawn mower. (I wonder now - was the grass really that long?! haha). Oh, how easily entertained we were.

 One summer, the summer before 5th grade for me, we set up a tent in the yard, and spent everyday out there. We'd steal coins from the coin jar and walk up to the Merc for Snapple and Trolly Burgers (Did you guys ever try a Trolly Burger? Strangest thing ever. But we loved them. For those of you who don't know, they are little gummy candies that look like mini hamburgers.)
That summer I read every Babysitters Club book, out there, in the tent.

We liked to play "spy", which would include hiding from various townspeople while writing "suspicious" observations in our notebook. 

Later, we loved floating the river. He taught me how to snowboard. He's taught me so much more than that though, about life. How to relax a bit, and how to be optimistic. And he always always makes me laugh. 



























I don't know if I say this enough, or if he knows, but I'm so thankful for him. Every time I count my blessings, he is one of them. :)

xxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment