Friday, October 19, 2012

autumn house

autumn. the most magical time of year. 
usually sometime around august, i start getting antsy with the anticipation of unpacking my 'autumn box'.  it even has an autumn scent, somehow. and i love filling our nest with rich colors, leaves, pine cones, and pumpkins.


this ribbon banner holds a very special place in my heart. (you have to scroll down a ways!)
last year i hung it here.


most of my autumn things have accumulated over a long period of time.  a lot of them have been thrifted, or purchased at the dollar store in college. this year, i took only the most special pieces out of the autumn box, and donated the rest. sometimes, a girl needs a little change in her life! i'm ready for less clutter. and with the clutter i keep, i'm ready for each piece to hold meaning. 


this compass belonged to my hubby's grandfather. love. this.


the beautiful gold leaf was a wedding gift from my dear friend megan
 wedding leaves hanging in the kitchen window, in all of their sparkly goodness. :)

welcome, autumn! i'm so glad you're here. 

xxo



4 comments:

  1. I've never been good at Holiday decorating. Our only "fall festiveness" in the house at the moment in in the form of three small pumpkins I grabbed in the check-out line at Trader Joes a couple weeks ago.. :)

    (I think it's because I don't really have space to store seasonal things in our current place. Or I'm using that as an excuse, lol).

    I think I'm going to go all out for Christmas though. Bring on the Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Storage space is the perfect excuse!! So many times I've driven myself crazy in keeping so much holiday decor. Maybe there is a happy medium? haha.

      Ooooh, Christmas is right around the corner! Haven't you been listening to Christmas music already?;)
      I'm thinking of trying to find an awesome white artificial tree to use instead of dealing with a real one...our cat goes crazy playing in the water at the base of the tree and it stresses me out...what do you normally do?

      xxo

      Delete
  2. I love autumn, the leaves, the rain, the smell of earth... it is earthy and whole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yesss! exactly! :) i've decided i NEED to visit the east coast in the autumn (next year?)...have always thought Oregon was gorgeous in the fall but the east coast may be just a tad better in the vibrant leaf department.
      xxo

      Delete